3 lbs lean beef
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp chili powder
1 1/4 tsps ground cumin
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 28-ounce can no salt added stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 12-ounce can no salt added tomato paste
1 12-ounce bottle light beer
2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, drained
1. Trim excess fat from beef and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Spray a large stockpot with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of the meat and cook until browned.
2. Remove first batch and repeat with remaining meat.
3. Spray stockpot again with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, red pepper and garlic and saute 5–6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Return the cooked meat to the pot and add remaining ingredients.
5. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
Sat Fat: 3g